30 December, 2012

NCIS SUSHI

For the benefit of a hungry girl in Taipei

This is actually a story that happened almost two months ago. A few of my work colleague decided they were going to have a ladies' night out. Being the optimist, I asked if I could join then. They said only if I wore a dress.

I think I do alright as a lady. Some of my new work colleagues hadn't known me longer than a few months before I gave them this fright.




The waiter was very nice and he speaks English very well. He even set out sushi on fire for us. Here is a Halloween-designed sushi we tried out.


Despite his wonderful attitude, I feel I made our waiter uncomfortable with our staged "date".




He did let us play with his wheel, however. We didn't get to play the game where one spins for a prize, discount or free plate of sushi, but we did get to spin it.



After our delightful meal we decided to go out for a drink. My friend and colleague drove whilst I rode sidesaddle and waved like the queen at passing strangers. Most found it highly amusing, though I do recall getting a scowl from a group of Taiwanese guys who I can only describe in the 1970's term "tough guys". I'm guessing they assumed my silliness was lowering the tone of the whole street and their tough look with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment