31 October, 2012

31st October Continued...

[After carefully reading through the rules and policies of my school, I have decided to remove any pictures in which students are recognisable, just in case they have jumpy parents. I like to err on the safe side.]

So Halloween as a teacher can be quite fun. Being a South African, Halloween was never terribly big for me. It's not widely celebrated with us, though a few people use it as an excuse for throwing parties and getting drunk (so much like the rest of the western world, though on a smaller scale).

A few teachers had a crack at dressing up. Here are two of them:






I think this is the first time I've taught a lesson completely in costume. It felt good throwing off the shackles of school convention and letting my hair down. The only problem being a man with long hair is that to be considered "smart" I am forced to tie it up.


I even got out my gaming dice and allowed them some time centre stage.



My very first pumpkin carving. IT wasn't that difficult, to be honest. Only my tools (a thin craft knife and an extremely blunt knife) weren't the best. One could cut accurately, but wasn't long or wide enough to cut all the way through. The other was blunt, so had to be forced through the grooves made by the former. 


In the end I think both sides turned out alright.



And of course a tribute to the greatest thing to come out of the modern traditions of All Hallows Eve:

No comments:

Post a Comment